Just about anyone becomes really excited when they’ve been doing some extended SEO, and suddenly they find themselves ranked in the top ten of Google. And, you should become excited, because either your SEO company, or you yourself, are doing something right!
But, just because you have top Google rankings doesn’t mean the game is over and all will be well from here on. In fact, a top ranking on Google is quite meaningless unless it produces RESULTS!
Here are some signs that your top Google ranking is meaningless:
- Your conversion rates have not increased noticeably. What good is the front page ranking if you do not get the click? Use attention grabbing page titles to attract more clicks.
- Your bounce rate remains the same or increases. If you do get the click, is your website design structured for easy navigation? And does it have engaging content to keep your prospects wanting more?
- You fail to capture the visitors contact information. If you do not have a sign up form visible on every page, you are missing out on major prospects. Make it easy for people to give you their information.
How Can You Receive More from Your Top Google Ranking?
Once you have a top ranking, half the battle is over. In order to really maximize the benefits of your high Google ranking, however, there are certain steps you can take:
- Make sure your website has content that adds value to your visitors. SEO is the process of helping people find your website, while writing great content is the process of keeping those visitors coming back to your website time and again. Great content builds trust, brand awareness, and long-term sales.
- Make sure your website has a great design. Having a great design does not just mean your website is visually appealing, but it also means your site has an easy-to-use navigation leading visitors to exactly what they want.
- Calls to action. In order to get people doing what you want them to do, your website needs to have a call to action telling them what to do next. Your home page may have several calls to action.
These are just some of the steps you can take to improve the results you receive from a high Google ranking. The process is much more involved than this, but hopefully this article has helped you understand there is more to online business than a top Google ranking!
Need Help with Your Google Rankings? Call Us @ 586-764-0024